back1

Sunday 6 March 2011

If it stands still....PAINT IT!!!

Bought for £1 in a charity shop. Quick makeover and it is ready to be a portable tray for little one whilst still looking decent(ish) The pics don't show off the gorgeous orange paintwork, infact it looks distinctly unloved in this pic!
You can see the orange better in this light. Believe it or not it is the same on top, the camera does lie ;)


An old ottoman made into useful, understair toybox for the little one. I painted with lilac wood paint, spray painted a chalk board front and added some pretty transfers I had hanging around waiting for their moment in the spotlight!


Pretty plain at the moment but as the front is a chalk board I really didn't want to make the decore to fussy. The top is sturdy so doubles as a seat, bonus!



This is my absolute favourite thing I have done today. The hallway of our home is positioned in a shady area and can look a bit bleak even in Summer. The door didn't help as it was the same colour as the panel rims I have left unpainted. I was always a little too nervous to take a paintbrush to it but I am so glad I did. A pot of paint (£2 from No Frills 50% sale) and I was good to go. Wood paint rather than gloss paint seems to be a little easier to use and less of a thick, gloopy finish. It has a nice welcoming cottage vibe, I love love love love it!!


And when I wasn't busy painting furniture I was painting hallway, stairs and landing. I also had a pot of paintpod paint for £5 in the No Frills sale! A saving of over £25 on B&Q prices! I highly recommend using that paint, I used it with a normal roller and brush, it is the easiest paint I have ever used, glides on and only takes one coat, a perfect consistency!
I wonder what tomorrow will bring :) Hopefully more sunshine. Lets join hands and sing .... "The sun has got his hat on, hip pip hip pip hooray. The sun has got his hat on and he's coming out to play" Oh how I love bright, crisp days!

No comments:

Post a Comment